|May 28||Voter registration application must be postmarked to vote in primary|
|May 28||In-person application due at the board of elections to vote in primary|
|June 12-20||Early voting period|
|June 15||Last day to postmark an application for an absentee ballot|
|June 21||Last day to apply IN-PERSON for absentee ballot|
|June 22||Primary election|
|June 22||Last day to postmark mail-in ballot|
|June 22||Last day to deliver ballot IN-PERSON to the local board of elections|
|November 2||General election|
Want to register by mail?
Find the New York State Voter Registration Form with instructions here
Use this form to Register to Vote at your current location or change your party designation
Don’t know if you’re registered to vote or don’t know your polling location?
Check your Registration Status and Search for Polling Locations
Are you eligible for an absentee ballot?
A person is eligible for an absentee ballot if they will be:
- Unavoidably absent from their county of residence because duties, occupation, business or studies require him to be elsewhere on Election Day;
- Absent from their county of residence because of vacation;
- A patient at a hospital or rehabilitation facility;
- Absent from their county due to accompanying a spouse, parent or child who is ill or disabled;
- Detained in jail awaiting trial or action by a grand jury;
- Confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony,
- Ill or physically disabled, temporarily or permanently, or a primary caregiver for ill or disabled person(s)